NOSTALGIE CRIME BOARD
02. Mai 2024, 01:31:18 *
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge

Fanpage   Übersicht   Hilfe Suche Kalender Einloggen Registrieren  
Facebook Link Facebook Link Meine anderen Foren und Homepages
Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  
Autor Thema: 121. Die verlorenen Hnde  (Gelesen 616 mal) Durchschnittliche Bewertung: 0
Serpico
Rechtsmediziner

« am: 19. Juli 2006, 14:03:49 »

Hookman****
Original air date: 9/11/73 -- Plot -- End Credits

My second-favorite Five-O episode. Curt Stoner is one of the nastiest of Five-O's villains, played by real-life armless detective Jay J. Armes, who "cracked headline-making cases for Marlon Brando, Howard Hughes, Elizabeth Taylor, Yoko Ono and Elvis Presley", according to the cover of his autobiography. (Armes also has a Web site.) Many of the character's moves seem designed to highlight Armes' abilities with his hook hands. After Stoner kills the policeman Keoki at the beginning, a newspaper headline identifies him as a "roofstop sniper," and McGarrett asks "how did the rifle end up on a rooftop," but Stoner was actually on top of a hill. (The crosshairs of his rifle seem to be everywhere but on the target prior to the shooting.) McGarrett snaps his fingers more times than normal at this crime scene (at least 12 times) ... obviously he is very pissed! Donald (later Billy) Roessler briefly appears as McKinney, who engages in a wild gun battle with the cops, calling calling them "pigs" and Danno "big mouth" when the latter uses a bullhorn to try and persuade the gunman to surrender. Chin later says McKinney was on drugs, which "scrambled his brains." When McGarrett figures out that Stoner is behind the first two cop killings, McGarrett puts in an immediate call to future victim Larry Thompson. Central Dispatch says he is "off duty," but when Danno appears a minute later, he already knows that Thompson is dead! When McGarrett is in Stoner's room near the end of the show, the picture on the wall showing Hookman with hands is one supplied by Armes himself where he was wearing cosmetic arms and hands for his real-life work. The opening scene with the casket falling out of the hearse is brilliant -- it reminds me of John Waters' films. Rod Baker, who co-wrote this episode, wrote to me: "The director didn't plan that shot. My writing partner, Glen Olson, and I watched the filming of the fish-tailing of the hearse. When they were ready to move to another location, Glen and I looked at each other and said something to the effect of 'why don't they film the coffin pitching out of the hearse.' Luckily, Leonard Freeman was on the set and overheard us. He said it was a great idea and wanted the shot. The director, Allan Reisner, compiled and was not upset with our 'meddling.'". Stuntman Beau Van Den Ecker is the driver of the hearse. An outstanding score by Morton Stevens which won an Emmy. Collectors of classic cars will cry big tears at seeing Stoner's Mustang (license number E-4193) being hauled out of the harbour. All end credits from this one to the end of the series begin with "Starring Jack Lord."

--------------------------------------------

Zwei Polizisten wurden erschossen, und jedesmal lag am Tatort die Mordwaffe: ein alter Karabiner aus dem Zweiten Weltkrieg. Beide Male war der Name des Opfers auf dem Gewehr eingraviert. Als McGarrett zu ermitteln beginnt, wird auch auf ihn ein Anschlag verbt. Zwar misslingt der Anschlag, aber die zurckgelassene Waffe trgt seinen Namen. Dem Polizisten ist klar, nur wenn es ihm gelingt, die Verbindung zwischen den Opfern zu finden, kann der Attentter gefasst werden.

Viele liebe Grüße von Serpico
Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  

Gehe zu:  

Meine anderen Foren und Homepages