NOSTALGIE CRIME BOARD
27. April 2024, 08:53:00 *
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge

Fanpage   Übersicht   Hilfe Suche Kalender Einloggen Registrieren  
Facebook Link Facebook Link Meine anderen Foren und Homepages
Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  
Autor Thema: 23. Der persönliche Krieg (Not That Much Different)  (Gelesen 688 mal) Durchschnittliche Bewertung: 0
Serpico
Rechtsmediziner

« am: 16. Juli 2006, 22:07:27 »

Während einer Demonstration wird Julian Scott, der Anführer der Friedensbewegung, erschossen. Weil zu dem Zeitpunkt ein General mit den jungen Demonstranten diskutiert hatte, ist unklar, wer wirklich getroffen werden sollte. McGarrett ermittelt, stößt dabei aber auf viele Vorurteile. Schließlich stellt sich heraus, dass es unter den Friedensbewegten sowohl „kalte“ als auch „heiße“ Krieger gibt. (Text: Kabel 1)

Deutsche TV-PremiereDo 15.08.1991PRO 7
Original-TV-PremiereMi 05.03.1969CBS

After Julian Scott, a peace protestor is shot during an anti-war demonstration, McGarrett meets with his friends. One of the demonstrators says coming to McGarrett's office makes her "sick". He lays on a heavy speech bringing up the names of JFK, RFK, Martin Luther King and Gandhi, saying "I abhor violence in any form.... I'm a peace officer ... euphemism? But I maybe want peace more than anything else in the world." He's later shown playing guitar in his office. The peaceniks, who publish a magazine, are more palatable than most Five-O radicals, though they are rather preppy. One of them, Manning ("Manny") West (Dennis Cooney) drives a snazzy red sports car and when asked about Julian's old girlfriend Lannie Devereaux (Anne Prentiss), says she was a "cheap little thing, certainly not one of us." (If I'd uttered such a comment at the underground paper where I worked in the early 70's, I would have been singing soprano!) When McGarrett visits the peaceniks' office, Ned Horvath (Stewart Moss) wonders if McGarrett has a "built-in immunity to rejection." He tells McGarrett: "We've got nothing against you personally, it's just what you represent that bugs us." There are hints of homosexuality between Manny and Julian. Ned confronts Manny with a letter the latter wrote to Julian. Julian responds saying that "this isn't evidence of much except my affection for him. I loved him, you hated Julian." When Danno and Kono have a shootout at Lannie's place, there are some very weird edits -- Danny and Kono start walking from the middle of the room in a shot worthy of Ed Wood! When they enter the room to find the gunman's body, Chin Ho and Lannie suddenly appear from nowhere. Lannie tells McGarrett she "knew [Julian] loved someone else." McGarrett says his "cop instinct" tells him that Lannie didn't kill Julian. There is an exciting chase at the end across some lava beds above the ocean. On his way there, McGarrett grabs for his car door to close it and misses! McGarrett tells the wounded Manny "You admired Julian, too." Manny says "I felt he betrayed me" and that he was jealous of "a shining leader." Some profound comments by McGarrett at the end. Lee Paul, who plays "Skinhead" in episode #90 appears as peacenik Paul Brechtman. Daniel Kamekona allegedly plays Che Fong ... but not in the version which I saw!
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Januar 2023, 18:51:49 von Dan Tanna Spenser » Gespeichert

Viele liebe Grüße von Serpico
Dan Tanna Spenser
NOSTALGIE NERD
Administrator
Chief of Police, Deputy Commissioner

TV SERIEN JUNKIE

« Antworten #1 am: 11. Januar 2023, 18:51:59 »

Startpost aktualisiert. Jetzt auch mit deutscher Inhaltsangabe mit Umlauten zwinkern

Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  

Gehe zu:  

Meine anderen Foren und Homepages