Differences Novel & Series: What you like what you are missing?
ROBERT URICH FANBOARD
25. April 2024, 21:40:03 *
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
News: Neuer Spenser Roman Robert Urich Biographie - An Extraordinary Life - ab 30.08.2019

Homepage   Übersicht   Hilfe Suche Einloggen Registrieren  

Meine anderen Foren und Homepages
Robert Urich Links Logo Robert Urich Homepage Link Robert Urich Fanpage Link Robert Urich Twitter Link Robert Urich Facebook Link
Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  
Autor Thema: Differences Novel & Series: What you like what you are missing?  (Gelesen 703 mal)
Spenser
Administrator
Mitarbeiter bei Dan Tanna

FORENBOSS / ADMINISTRATOR

Profil anzeigen WWW
« am: 24. August 2013, 02:04:38 »

Who knows both good (Novel & Series) will certainly find that while there are many similarities, but also hold much that is different in each case.

My question - what "bothers" you each? Which "Spenser" novel of a mixture / TV series would be the best for you?

For me, does it look like this:

In the novels I'm missing / disturbs me:
- The Spenser no 65er Ford Mustang drives, but changing, mostly newer models. For me, just heard a 65er Mustang un Spenser together when I read in Spenser novels in another car, it seems like a foreign body before ...

- The characters Belson / Quirk hardly differ from each other, while there are clear differences in the series. I always find it amusing when Spenser talks about eating habits and Kamat Kamat clumsy communications are also often very entertaining

- Spenser's poetry: In the TV series is heard much more often cite Spenser's poem verses in the novels is something very rare. Just the poetry is one of the characteristics that distinguishes Spenser by other detectives.

- It would have been nice if Sammy Backlin would have been there from time to time. Backlin, a windy day thief would certainly fit well into the novels and partly remembered something about the figure of the "Angel Martin" from "The Rockford Files"

- Quirks private life: In the TV series Katie came in 2-3 episodes ago, in the novels it is almost never mentioned, also Quirk is well with the only main character in the novels has no real background. I e.g. could write more to TV than the novel-Quirk Quirk of character. Even Belson had 2-3 novels, where they learned more about him - eventually even minor characters like Rita, Vinnie or Chollo ...

In the TV series I'm missing / disturbs me:
- Rita Fiore: In the TV series, she has a District State Attorney too shy and thus not very credible. A person in such a position simply needs more assertiveness, which lends some credibility as a character in this very position

- Paul Giacomin was never mentioned in the episode, which I think is very unfortunate because just the dialogues and experiences were very interesting and the series would have given a little more depth.

- Even characters like Vinnie, Chollo or Lee Farrell never came before - though you should of course keep the series to good that all three mentioned at that time were not present in the novels (or only marginally)

- The rather dark side of the characters. Hawk just comes off in the novels clearly darker than the TV series, Spenser himself has traits in the novels, which are not as pronounced in the series. I think this is also because the series from the 80's and some subjects are then simply was not "TV-like" for broadcasters and viewers, we wanted to bring the audience eherdie stereo-types without dark sides. "Today, this is yes totally different when you see the series

So, these are the things that come to mind spontaneously ... fröhlich

How does it look at you?

DIE HOMEPAGE ZUM FORUM:
http://robert-urich.jimdo.com/

DAS SIND MEINE ANDEREN FOREN & FANPAGES:
http://tvparadies.net

Spenser:"Es braucht schon einen harten Mann, um ein zartes Hühnchen zuzubereiten
Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  

Gehe zu:  

Meine anderen Foren und Homepages

RECHTLICHER HINWEIS!
Das Landgericht Hamburg hat im Urteil vom 12.05.1998 entschieden, daß man durch die Aufbringung von Links die Inhalte der gelinkten Seite ggf. mit zu verantworten hat. Die kann - so das LG - nur dadurch verhindert werden, daß man sich ausdrücklich von diesen Inhalten distanziert. Für alle Links auf diesem Forum gilt: Ich, der Eigentümer dieses Forum, betone ausdrücklich, daß ich keinerlei Einfluß auf die Gestaltung und die Inhalte der gelinkten Seiten habe. Deshalb distanziere ich mich hiermit ausdrücklich von allen Inhalten aller gelinkten Seiten auf dem gesamten Forum inklusive aller Unterseiten. Diese Erklärung gilt für alle auf der Homepage tvparadies.net und tvparadies.net/c_m_c (Robert Urich & Spenser Forum) angebrachten Links und für alle Inhalte der Seiten, zu denen Links führen.