Robert Urich über Robert Urich
ROBERT URICH FANBOARD
19. April 2024, 01:20:50 *
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
News: Neuer Spenser Roman Robert Urich Biographie - An Extraordinary Life - ab 30.08.2019

Homepage   Übersicht   Hilfe Suche Einloggen Registrieren  

Meine anderen Foren und Homepages
Robert Urich Links Logo Robert Urich Homepage Link Robert Urich Fanpage Link Robert Urich Twitter Link Robert Urich Facebook Link
Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  
Autor Thema: Robert Urich über Robert Urich  (Gelesen 1476 mal)
Spenser
Administrator
Mitarbeiter bei Dan Tanna

FORENBOSS / ADMINISTRATOR

Profil anzeigen WWW
« am: 04. September 2015, 17:55:55 »

A tumbleweed propelled across the landscape as winds, gusting up to fifty-five miles an hour, appeared from nowhere and my driver, Billy Cardhart, slowed our four-wheel drive to avoid hitting it. I shifted a little in my seat and Billy sense that something was on my mind. When I arrived in Santa Fe to begin filming The Lazarus Man, Billy signed on to drive me to and from the Hughes Ranch. We became fast friends. He told me I was one of his favorite actors ever since my performance as Jake Spoon, in Lonesome Dove and that he came out of retirement to drive me. He had driven all the big stars that had come to Santa Fe to make westerns-Henry Fonda, Kirk Douglas and Dean Martin were a few.
Springtime comes reluctantly to these parts. Cold winds blow down from San Juan Mountains that climb to thirteen thousand feet above Santa Fe, a longtime artist's haven and now a weekend refuge for Hollywood types. Writers, producers and directors come for the solitude, the spectacular sunsets and the vast sky that seems to be held up by the mountain peaks.
Billy had been a great source of wisdom and entertainment on those long drives out to the various ranch locations.
Like everyone in Santa Fe you have to bear with the fickle weather. Blustery skies can turn to snow storms as late as May, and newborn calves have frozen to death overnight on the open range as temperatures unexpectedly drop well below freezing. But the most dangerous and least predictable seasonal change is the wind; wind that will blow incessantly from sunup to sundown and sometimes throughout the night, lashing at the mountains and the valley floor and hoisting blinding dust clouds that light from the most powerful halogen headlamps can't penetrate.
This was shaping up as such a day. Up at the crack of dawn, the winds were already gusting to seventy miles an hour.
As we approached the set, Billy finally asked the question that had been on his mind since he picked me up: "Why the pained expression, Robert?"
When I didn't reply, he gave it his best guess.
"They're going to pick up the show, ya know," he said.
The Lazarus Man was finishing up its first season and renewal time is always tense for the cast and crew. In my entire career I had not enjoyed a role as much. I was the star of a Western.
As a young boy I often played cowboys and in lieu of a horse, ran around the neighborhood and down over the hill, slapping my thighs with open palms making galloping horse sounds, even whinnying at the end of an extended, exhausting run. This was better, I was on a real horse and the entire cast and crew depended on me.
"They either will or they won't," I said, not yet ready to reveal what was really troubling me.
"Then what are you makin' those faces about?" he said.
"Oh, it's nothing," I said, not very convincingly.
After so much time Billy knew better.
The truth was I had a lump that was unnerving. I had found it several weeks prior and was not ready to talk about it, not to anyone.
The show was picked up but instead of playing a cowboy I found myself waking up in a hospital room waiting for my Doctor.
As soon as he walked in, my stomach knotted. He didn't have to say anything. The look on his face was enough.
"I think we've got a problem," he said. "My pathologist thinks this is something we need to check out further."
For the next several days the news was not good and I found my self wondering how this could be happening to me.
I'm the leader. The guy on the white horse.
Throughout my life, even when I had very little to show for it, I believed myself to possess personal power, the power of the love of my parents, the power of having had the right kinds of teachers and coaches, the power of friends and faith, the power of believing that no matter what the situation, this guy Robert Urich could deal with it. Never in my mind was there a doubt that someday I would do something significant-not just in the way of professional accomplishment, but in a way that meant something to other people.
As an actor, I had always played heroic guys capable of going the distance, tough guys with compassion. At the top of every movie script you ever get-as soon as your character is introduced, there is a brief character description. Of my character in Spenser: For Hire, it said, "He is capable of going the distance whatever the distance might be. He is handsome. These were my roles-guys who had what it took, and I certainly thought of myself as a guy in control.
Lying in that hospital bed, I was stripped of that. A loss of control is terrifying. The anchor line has been severed and you are at the mercy of the raging gales and the angry seas. You can't be talking about me. I've got cameras and dolly tracks and horses and wranglers and stunt men and assistant directors calling me. There are scripts arriving for my notes. You can't be talking about me. I'm Dan Tanna. I'm Spenser. I'm The Lazarus Man.
No. I'm Robert Urich. I've got cancer.

Quelle: spenser.de / roberturich.com

DIE HOMEPAGE ZUM FORUM:
http://robert-urich.jimdo.com/

DAS SIND MEINE ANDEREN FOREN & FANPAGES:
http://tvparadies.net

Spenser:"Es braucht schon einen harten Mann, um ein zartes Hühnchen zuzubereiten
Seamus
Administrator
Dan Tanna's Wagenwäscher

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #1 am: 05. September 2015, 20:14:56 »

Sehr schöner Bericht, mit traurigen aber auch lustigen Stellen. Lese ich mir immer wieder gerne durch!

Peter Berg (Spenser Confidential) on Marc Maron's Podcast:
"The books were all written by Ace Atkins. The author died in the seventies. The series has around 700 books in it."
Spenser
Administrator
Mitarbeiter bei Dan Tanna

FORENBOSS / ADMINISTRATOR

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #2 am: 06. September 2015, 00:11:09 »

Dachte immr, der würde hier schon irgendwo stehen....wohl doch nicht. Muß ich auch noch auf meine RUF posten.

DIE HOMEPAGE ZUM FORUM:
http://robert-urich.jimdo.com/

DAS SIND MEINE ANDEREN FOREN & FANPAGES:
http://tvparadies.net

Spenser:"Es braucht schon einen harten Mann, um ein zartes Hühnchen zuzubereiten
Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  

Gehe zu:  

Meine anderen Foren und Homepages

RECHTLICHER HINWEIS!
Das Landgericht Hamburg hat im Urteil vom 12.05.1998 entschieden, daß man durch die Aufbringung von Links die Inhalte der gelinkten Seite ggf. mit zu verantworten hat. Die kann - so das LG - nur dadurch verhindert werden, daß man sich ausdrücklich von diesen Inhalten distanziert. Für alle Links auf diesem Forum gilt: Ich, der Eigentümer dieses Forum, betone ausdrücklich, daß ich keinerlei Einfluß auf die Gestaltung und die Inhalte der gelinkten Seiten habe. Deshalb distanziere ich mich hiermit ausdrücklich von allen Inhalten aller gelinkten Seiten auf dem gesamten Forum inklusive aller Unterseiten. Diese Erklärung gilt für alle auf der Homepage tvparadies.net und tvparadies.net/c_m_c (Robert Urich & Spenser Forum) angebrachten Links und für alle Inhalte der Seiten, zu denen Links führen.