ROBERT URICH FANBOARD
29. März 2024, 14:01:41 *
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge
News: Neuer Spenser Roman Robert Urich Biographie - An Extraordinary Life - ab 30.08.2019

Homepage   Übersicht   Hilfe Suche Einloggen Registrieren  

Meine anderen Foren und Homepages
Robert Urich Links Logo Robert Urich Homepage Link Robert Urich Fanpage Link Robert Urich Twitter Link Robert Urich Facebook Link
Seiten: [1] 2
  Drucken  
Autor Thema: Robert Urich's eigene Talk-Show (unaired) (USA 1998)  (Gelesen 6033 mal) Durchschnittliche Bewertung: 0
Seamus
Administrator
Dan Tanna's Wagenwäscher

Profil anzeigen WWW
« am: 19. Oktober 2014, 00:23:36 »

Wenn man diesem Zeitungsbericht glauben darf, plante Disney offenbar eine Talk-Show mit Robert Urich als Gastgeber.

Den Bericht fand ich sehr spannend und Bob hatte im Gegensatz zu vielen anderen Talk-Show-Hosts, ein Konzept das vielverprechend klang. Eine Sendung so nach dem Motto "Garrison Keiler-meets-Oprah" sollte es werden und im Herbst 1998 wollte man on air gehen, doch leider wurde ja nichts draus. weinen

Hätte ich gerne mal gesehen...
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Oktober 2014, 00:25:33 von Seamus » Gespeichert

Peter Berg (Spenser Confidential) on Marc Maron's Podcast:
"The books were all written by Ace Atkins. The author died in the seventies. The series has around 700 books in it."
Spenser
Administrator
Mitarbeiter bei Dan Tanna

FORENBOSS / ADMINISTRATOR

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #1 am: 19. Oktober 2014, 01:19:06 »

Hätte ich mir auch sehr gut vorstellen können. Er hatte ja viele Dokus als Host gesprochen und ich denke, hier hätte er auch einen tollen Job gemacht....naja, es kam ja leider nicht mehr dazu weinen

DIE HOMEPAGE ZUM FORUM:
http://robert-urich.jimdo.com/

DAS SIND MEINE ANDEREN FOREN & FANPAGES:
http://tvparadies.net

Spenser:"Es braucht schon einen harten Mann, um ein zartes Hühnchen zuzubereiten
Seamus
Administrator
Dan Tanna's Wagenwäscher

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #2 am: 19. Oktober 2014, 12:01:49 »

und ich denke, hier hätte er auch einen tollen Job gemacht

Das denke ich auch! Es fehlte im amerikanischen Fernsehen der 90er eine niveauvolle Talk-Show. Leider wurde das Programm von Trash wie Jerry Springer oder ähnlichem bestimmt, da hätte er mit seiner Sendung echt etwas Schwung reinbringen können. Schade dass es nie on air ging, aber ich fand es stark das Bob, Oprah erwähnte. Für mich die einzige ertragbare US-Talk-Show mit tollem Format und einer sympathischen Gastgeberin.
« Letzte Änderung: 19. Oktober 2014, 12:04:03 von Seamus » Gespeichert

"The books were all written by Ace Atkins. The author died in the seventies. The series has around 700 books in it."
Seamus
Administrator
Dan Tanna's Wagenwäscher

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #3 am: 05. März 2016, 21:32:11 »

Ein Robert Urich-Fan namens Quanna hat damals die Test-Tapings von Bob's eigener Show (die ja leider nie gesendet wurde besucht).

Robert Urich persönlich hat die Berichte von Quanna damals auf seiner offiziellen Seite verlinkt:

Erstes Taping der Robert Urich Show (15.11.1997)

We arrived at the Hollywood Center Studios in Hollywood at 10am for the 1st taping. Bob's celebrity guest this show was Fran Drescher from the hit show "The Nanny". The show started with music and clips from Bob's various TV shows playing on nearby monitors. Bob's older brother Tom was the announcer, and looked pretty good himself decked out in gray slacks, a black long sleeve turtle neck and a gray sport jacket. Good looks run in the family. "And now, ladies & gentleman....ROBERT URICH....!!!" And out runs Bob with lots of energy, jumping up & down, to the sight & sound of the band playing and the audience clapping & cheering.  He then tells us of his haircut recently. At a Beverly Hills salon, (no names--"Jose Eybar"). It took several hours, they gave him Cappuccino & some shampoo and said, "That'll be $68 Mr. Urich", and Bob said, "Disney is paying for it", and they said "That's $68 for the Cappuccino & shampoo!!". Bob joked and said his haircut isn't his, it's copyrighted to the stylist!! He then went on to tell us of God's joke on him, that his hair is armpit hair. "Let's let Bob have his hair back, let's just take it from under his arms". He said instead of hairspray, he should use spray deodorant!!

Next they brought up two monitors, one on each side of Bob.  On one monitor, they showed him being beat up & fighting in Spenser for Hire. The next one showed him kissing, kissing & more kissing, his lady co-stars. Bob explained to us that he's getting tired of the fighting, and his wife is getting tired of the kissing! That drew lots of laughs from the large audience. Then he said he'd give talk shows a try,   because there's not much left that he hasn't done!! If this doesn't work, then its..."Well Bob, show the contestants what they've won!".

They showed a segment of other celebrities and their reaction to Bob having his own show. They had Tim Allen, Rosie O'Donnell, Regis & Kathy Lee, Tom Snyder, William Shatner, and others. Bob was calling them (in the tape) and asking them to come on his show. Some said (jokingly--"Bob Who?"), and laughed, and they all said "No". It was cute, and funny how they put this all together. Then Bob introduced the star that DID say yes!  the set was a beautiful design. It was done in a 1930's old California, orange groves style. Three really huge paintings were positioned around the stage. Two in back of Bob & his guest seats, and one behind the band. They said "The Robert Urich Show" on them, and one said "Bob" with a guy on a horse, old western Hollywood style (like Hopalong Cassidy). The other two showed an orange w/orange groves in the background, like the old advertisements for oranges in the 30's. And windows in the back with orange trees you can see, and some trees on stage. The inside of the building around the stage was light yellow in color and the furniture was a light strawberry red color.  Then, in came Fran Drescher. She looked great. She was wearing a nice, colorful pants outfit. She had written a book recently, and they talked about it. She also has her own "croutons" business. Those nice, yummy crunchy bread-like things you put on salads. Her's are really tasty, with herbs & spices mixed in. The package was cute, and had a picture of her mom and grandmom on it. They are baked with 100% sourdough, and are called "Loaf & Kisses" gourmet croutons. They were throwing packages of her croutons to everyone in the audience (my dog Brandy likes her croutons, and so do I). At one point during the show, Bob and Fran sat on the steps of the stage, and Bob sang to her. It was cute, she was blushing.  Bob's next guest was a Italian Chef. They brought in a rolling kitchen, complete with stove and everything all set up. The chef showed us how to marinate chicken. Bob was helping along the way, getting his hands all into it. You take the whole chicken (Bob likes to tuck the legs in) and lift the skin up, and put the chopped green onions and mix under the skin. He says that's the best way to marinate. Bob did a cute thing with the two chickens (when animals attack) hee hee! He says he likes to go for the cheap jokes! :-) He's so funny. Then they moved to the pasta. They put some Vodka in the frying pan and held the pan up, at an angle until it catches fire. Then you put in the pasta, already mixed with the sauce, spices, etc and toss it (in the pan). Bob tried really hard not to toss it all over the floor! He got some on the floor, but not a whole lot. The chef said that the less you spill, the better the cook you are. And Bob pointed out to us (especially the young, single guys in the audience), that cooking a fine, gourmet dinner is a great way to impress a girl. I'm sure he ought to know! :-) When they were done tossing the pasta in the pan, flipping it around, they ate it! Bob was enjoying it, licking his fingers. He also showed the chef that he knows to turn the handle inward, not sticking out so you can bump into it and spill the whole pan on the floor. You can tell Bob's been in the kitchen quite a bit. :-)

During the breaks, in between the set-ups, Bob entertained us with his great singing. He sang a song I liked in particular (I have to get the name), it was about Fun. You gotta have fun. He's quite the singer and can carry any tune you give him. We joked that he can have his own record album/or CD! At one point, during the break, he sang a nice song to his wife, Heather. He had her in his arms, and sang "You are my shiny star", and she started to have tears in her eyes. He made her feel so good, and loved. Then that moved him to tears too. He wiped them as he headed backstage to set up for the next segment. We all ooooed and awwwwed at what we had just witnessed.

His next guest was Mel-E-Mel, a handsome and buff (heavy weight lifter, big arms!) rap star. They traded styles. Bob put on a hat-backwards and sunglasses, and sang a rap song. He looked pretty cool like that. In his black slacks, black long sleeve turtle neck, and gold sport jacket. And with the added hat & shades, Bob was stylin'. He did a pretty good job of rapping, for a white boy! Then, Mel put on a dinner type jacket and tie and tried really hard to sing a "white" song. He had the funniest look on his face! It was cute. All in good fun and acting. Mel was pretty cool, and nice. He's a good sport. The audience whooped and hollered and clapped at all the fun. There was a lot of audience participation. They really worked with us, on everything!

When it came time for another break, Bob's 18-yr old son, Ryan joined the band in playing drums. Bob had a full band this time, complete with sax, drums, piano, keyboard, flute, bass & guitar. Ryan jammed along with them pretty good. He's been playing drums for about 4 years and is a natural at it. Bob's 16-yr old daughter Emily sat next to her mom Heather and enjoyed the show. It seemed to me that Emily has taken up the surfer girl look & style, and looked pretty cool in her sweatshirt, necklace, and clothing style. A fashion conscious young lady.

His next guest was the most lucky-unlucky guy. His name was Kenny Wolland. He wrote a book about his various brushes with death. He's been through quite a lot, and was a former Navy pilot. His book looks really interesting & compelling. Some really unbelievable stuff.

Bob closed (both shows) with a cute & very funny song, that had us all rolling with laughter. About his re-runs, and shows, his talk show, etc. Wait until you hear it, it's great! Very 'original!' :-) He had us all waving our hands like wheat in a wheat field on a windy day. It was great fun and I can't wait to do it again, & again! On a regular basis. Quite the energetic, adrenaline rush!

Seamus
Administrator
Dan Tanna's Wagenwäscher

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #4 am: 05. März 2016, 21:38:59 »

Zweites Taping (auch 15.11.1997)

After our hour lunch break, we headed in to once again take our seats. Round 2 of "The Robert Urich Show". It was really fun to be 'behind the scenes' to see how they tape these shows. Especially twice in one day. First-class Hollywood at it's best. The director, producer, and assistants were great! They treated us like VIP's. They were very courteous and nice to us. Very professional. It was nice to see Bob at work. You can see why he's a master of his craft.

This show was much like the other shows, with the exception of the different guests. Bob's guest this show was an actress by the name of Jane Seymour from the hit show "Dr.Quinn-Medicine Woman". She looked very nice and has a great smile. They talked about her show and other things in her life, her children, marriage, work, etc.. And she interacted with another guest, behavior therapist Cynthia Richards, about success & failure. Turning failure into success.

Bob's next guest was a cute little 6-yr old boy from Louisiana named Hunter Hayes, and he sang Cajun music and played the accordion. His accordion was specially made for him. He sang in French but didn't understand French! He just sings the songs and is very enthusiastic about it. He sat on the chair next to Bob and answered some of Bob's questions. When he was done, he played his accordion some more.

The following guest was Dr.Osborn, the Vet doctor. She brought in some really cute and interesting animals. Once again she had those cute green frogs that just love to mess on Bob. And Bob just loves those little green (bud commercial rejects) frogs! Ha :-) She then brought out a nice, big and frisky mountain lion. He just wanted to play. Then they brought out this big, black animal called a "bindamin" ? They put this furry, mongoose family, guy on Bob's shoulders and fed him bananas. They had Bob put some unpeeled bananas in his pocket to feed to the animal. It was getting pretty heavy (and messy) on Bob's shoulders, so they took him down after a long while. Bob really gets into his work! (hee hee). Next, they brought out this adorable little monkey. He was jumping all over the place. He's a small monkey from Indonesia. He proceeded to help himself to Bob's water from his cup! We all laughed at that. Bob didn't mind. He thought it was funny, and said to the monkey "Here, help yourself!"

The next break came and Bob was talking about people he has worked with over the years. He did a special introduction of his older brother Tom. They paired up together and sang a duet. They sounded and looked great together. Then they brought in a monitor and showed clips from the shows Tom has been in, of Robert's, like Vegas, Spenser & Lazarus Man. Then Tom showed (on the monitor) a picture of Robert & Tom together as babies. They were so cute. Looking at Robert when he was about 1, you can see the very dark hair and distinctive dark eyebrows. That "Urich" look. He was a very cute baby, as I expected. Everyone in the audience said "Awwwhhh" in unison!

The show closed in the same manner as the first. I have heard that on the Friday show (Nov 14, 1997), they had Billy Crystal and a funny sex therapist (Suzi Landolphi). I heard it was hilarious. I can see that, especially when you mix the likes of Billy C with a sex therapist, your going to get an explosion of sorts! Really funny. All in all, it was a great time to be had by all. Even the security guy, Jim, was really nice and fun to talk to. He told us of his police adventures, and his side job of sports memorabilia. The weather was nice outside, not too bad. Sunny and warm Friday, and just a little light rain Saturday. Not too bad. It cooled things off a bit. Our group had really good seats, on the 1st show we sat in the second row-middle. On the 2nd show, Sandi & I got to sit in the front row-right (facing stage), and Cheryl, Linda F & Cathy sat in the second row. It was a nice time to spend all day with Bob, his family, the production people, our internet friends, etc. A day we will remember forever. Bob gave us the notion that his show might hopefully be on as soon as January. I can hardly wait to see it on air. There's always more to look forward to with Bob. :-) Stay tuned.

Was für tolle Berichte! Da wäre ich zu gerne dabei gewesen, das klang alles sehr unterhaltsam, einfach traurig dass der Fernsehsender sich umentschieden hat und die Show nie den Weg auf die Fernsehbildschirme fand. Bob war als Host schon immer klasse und was es hier alles für Highlights gab.

Erstens die Gäste: Fran Drescher, Ryan Urich und Jane Seymour!

Und zweitens die Gesangseinlagen: Bob und Tom Urich sangen ein Duett und dann noch Robert Urich der Rapper - mit der Mütze nach hinten und mit Sonnenbrille. Wie genial und lustig muss das gewesen sein!  grins

Auch inhaltlich klang das sehr amüsant, ich kann mich nur wiederholen: Warum zum Teufel hat man diese Show nie ausgestrahlt?  weinen
« Letzte Änderung: 05. März 2016, 21:43:42 von Seamus » Gespeichert

Spenser
Administrator

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #5 am: 06. März 2016, 05:44:50 »

Habe extra für diesen Thread bei RUF eine ganz eigene Seite gewidmet, alleine wegen den Texten mußte es sein fröhlich

http://robert-urich.jimdo.com/sonstige-auftritte-other-appearances/robert-urich-eigene-geplante-talkshow-bobs-own-planned-talkshow/

Schade, dass es kein Bild dazu gibt....würde den Bereich etwas "verschönern". und ein anderes Bild von Bob reinsetzen....sähe auch seltsam aus, oder?

DIE HOMEPAGE ZUM FORUM:

Spenser:"Es braucht schon einen harten Mann, um ein zartes Hühnchen zuzubereiten
Seamus
Administrator
Dan Tanna's Wagenwäscher

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #6 am: 06. März 2016, 09:44:07 »

Mit den Fans hat er sich ja vor und nach den Aufzeichnungen ablichten lassen und da trug Bob einen schwarzen Anzug mit Fliege. Vielleicht könnte man ja bei den Bildern die Fans ausschneiden und es als GIF bearbeiten, so das man nur Bob sieht, aber das ist halt auch nicht so einfach.

Oder du hast ein Bild von ihm wo er etwas ähnliches an hatte.

Seamus
Administrator
Dan Tanna's Wagenwäscher

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #7 am: 06. März 2016, 21:55:03 »

Auf seiner Homepage hat Robert Urich damals noch einen weiteren Bericht eines Fans veröffentlicht. Der Fan hieß Kaile und stammte aus Albuquerque, NM, Ich bin mir nicht sicher welches Taping sie besuchte, wie beim ersten taucht hier auch ein Rapper auf, der Bob eben beibringt wie man anständig rappt. Aber ob es auch "Melle Mel" war, kann ich nicht sagen. Ich vermute es war eine ganz andere Aufzeichnung, da hier Cheryl Ladd und eine Erotik-Autorin zu Gast waren. Man zeigte auch einen Clip von Bob's Gastauftritt in "Carol's Company", der uns noch fehlt.

---

Unbekanntes Taping

After 16 hours on the train from Albuquerque, I arrived at Union
Station. A magic phone (I didn’t even need to dial ;-) told me how to
get to the theater. After an hour on the MTA I was there -- way before
the show started. I used the time to creatively freshen up before the
show.

Waiting out in front of the theater, I managed to track down Cathy and
her friends Cheryl and Linda. It turned out that all of the bigwigs from
the networks or whatever were there. This nice woman (I don't know
who/what anybody was -- I’m not exactly Hollywood saavy) told us we were
the core fans and put us in the front row. She suggested that Robert
might be a little nervous. I sure was. I felt very much out of my
element. Fancy cars, suits and valet parking do that to me. I just sat
and watched the hubbub.

Much of what we saw Thursday was a repeat of Monday -- singing, joking
and videos. It was fun from the start. Robert’s first guest was Cheryl
Ladd. We saw footage of them showering together (“part one in a 6 part
series -- women I have bathed with”) and also of Charlie’s Angels meeting
Dan Tanna. They had fun and we had fun.

Next the sex lady came out and joined them. I don’t remember her name,
but I think her book was “Better Love, Better Sex.” Needless to say,
things got very interesting. Nothing like talking about sex to liven up
a room. Lots of laughing and a little blushing. She told us the top 4
myths about sex. Cheryl had no trouble getting in on the action and she
was a hoot trying to find a way to sit comfortably on that couch.

After the sex, we moved onto the animals. We saw a painting chimp, a
turkey vulture, and an ostrich that stood right in front of me, towering
over everyone as they told us it wasn’t wise to stand in front of it,
cause it could kick the, um, heck out of you. Before they started the
animal section, one of the women working on the show asked if one of us
fans would let them put a frog on our face. Cheryl and Cathy said “No,
way”, but I, being an elementary school teacher, said “sure.” So when
the frogs came out, I was waiting for my moment of glory, but alas, they
ran out of time and I didn’t get to go up on stage with Robert. How sad.

The last segment had a rapper teaching Robert to rap, and Robert teaching
the rapper to sing “Getting to Know You.” This was a rather silly
segment. At the very end of the show, the show’s staff showed us a clip
from the Carol Burnett Show with Robert doing a take-off of “Greased
Lightning” -- Lubricated Lightning. This was hilarious and I believe a
surprise for Robert. He was laughing as much as the rest of us.

After it was all over, we didn’t get to meet him, which bummed me out.
But we met Heather and the woman who played Liesel. Then Cathy and
Cheryl (Linda had had to leave early) took me to see Robert’s star and to
buy a photo of him. They gave me a tour of lots of places in the area
that had been used in different movies and tv shows, as well as homes of
celebs. Then we ate at a diner with valet parking and waiters and
waitresses that danced on the counters and dressed funny. It was quite
entertaining.

I got back on the train at 8:30 for another 17 hours back to Albuquerque.

---

Quelle: https://web.archive.org/web/19980613164535/http://www.roberturich.com/kaile.html

Spenser
Administrator

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #8 am: 06. März 2016, 23:13:49 »

Hmm....das mit der Bildberabeitung wäre eine Überlegung.,...

Den "Abschluß" muß ich auch noch übernehmen.

DIE HOMEPAGE ZUM FORUM:

Seamus
Administrator
Dan Tanna's Wagenwäscher

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #9 am: 06. März 2016, 23:53:32 »

Hmm....das mit der Bildberabeitung wäre eine Überlegung.,...

Wird schwer, da ihn manche Fans umarmt oder sich an seine Schulter gelehnt haben, aber ich versuche es mal so auszuschneiden ohne das man die Hand eines Fans sieht. fröhlich

Schade dass keiner ein Bild von dem Studio gemacht hat, das wäre klasse gewesen. Mich hätte das Design sehr interessiert.

Seamus
Administrator
Dan Tanna's Wagenwäscher

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #10 am: 14. März 2016, 16:33:19 »

Backstage oder viel eher draußen vor den Studios trug Bob diesen Anzug, das ist eines von leider nur 2 Bildern die von der Talk Show existieren.

Es hat auch leider eine recht kleine Größe. Ob sich das lohnt wenn ich es ausschneide, bzw. den Fan aus dem Foto entferne?

Spenser
Administrator

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #11 am: 17. März 2016, 02:57:55 »

Vllt. reicht es ja auch aus, das gesicht des Fans unkenntlich zu machen

DIE HOMEPAGE ZUM FORUM:

Seamus
Administrator
Dan Tanna's Wagenwäscher

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #12 am: 17. März 2016, 11:34:11 »

Vllt. reicht es ja auch aus, das gesicht des Fans unkenntlich zu machen

Ich hab das noch nie gemacht und weiß gar nicht genau, wie das funktioniert.

Aber bestimmt gibt es auf GIMP oder anderen Programmen so ein Blurr Tool. Muss ich mal schauen. Wenn ich es nicht hinkriege, kann ich die Frau ja immer noch rausschneiden.

Spenser
Administrator

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #13 am: 22. März 2016, 21:21:19 »

Du kannst ja auf dem Gesicht des Fans mein gesicht draufmachen....dann kann ich mir was darauf einbilden totlachen zwinkern

DIE HOMEPAGE ZUM FORUM:

Seamus
Administrator
Dan Tanna's Wagenwäscher

Profil anzeigen WWW
« Antworten #14 am: 22. März 2016, 22:01:11 »

Nur würde halt alles unterhalb des Kopfes nicht mehr zu dir passen.  grins

Seiten: [1] 2
  Drucken  

Gehe zu:  

Meine anderen Foren und Homepages

RECHTLICHER HINWEIS!
Das Landgericht Hamburg hat im Urteil vom 12.05.1998 entschieden, daß man durch die Aufbringung von Links die Inhalte der gelinkten Seite ggf. mit zu verantworten hat. Die kann - so das LG - nur dadurch verhindert werden, daß man sich ausdrücklich von diesen Inhalten distanziert. Für alle Links auf diesem Forum gilt: Ich, der Eigentümer dieses Forum, betone ausdrücklich, daß ich keinerlei Einfluß auf die Gestaltung und die Inhalte der gelinkten Seiten habe. Deshalb distanziere ich mich hiermit ausdrücklich von allen Inhalten aller gelinkten Seiten auf dem gesamten Forum inklusive aller Unterseiten. Diese Erklärung gilt für alle auf der Homepage tvparadies.net und tvparadies.net/c_m_c (Robert Urich & Spenser Forum) angebrachten Links und für alle Inhalte der Seiten, zu denen Links führen.