NOSTALGIE CRIME BOARD
27. April 2024, 22:28:48 *
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge

Fanpage   Übersicht   Hilfe Suche Kalender Einloggen Registrieren  
Facebook Link Facebook Link Meine anderen Foren und Homepages
Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  
Autor Thema: 31. Rififi in Honolulu  (Gelesen 704 mal) Durchschnittliche Bewertung: 0
Serpico
Rechtsmediziner

« am: 17. Juli 2006, 21:33:18 »

The King Kamehameha Blues**
Original air date: 11/12/69

Four university students led by snotty rich kid Arnold Potter (Brandon ("Shane") de Wilde) steal the cloak of a Hawaiian king using an elaborate scheme going through a museum's skylight and then using a homemade tripod mechanism. I wonder if the opening scene where the cat is lowered to test the alarm was monitored by the SPCA? Five-O quickly arrives on the scene, and McGarrett says of the feline: "Take him downtown, book him for trespassing ... tell him his rights and give him some milk and catnip." Potter says of McGarrett: "He's Mr. Cop -- from the mainland to Tokyo." There is gimmicky editing between McGarrett's discussion with the museum director and a rap session at the students' pad. During the robbery, the assembly of the tripod is very noisy, and when they meet outside afterwards, the students are yelling and screaming ... why don't the guards hear them? After they pull off their heist, Potter brags, "We just knocked the establishment on their status quo." When McGarrett visits the students' place with a search warrant, Potter's girlfriend Diana Cole (Jennifer Leak) says of McGarrett: "I love the way he asks all those cute questions." Potter starts making accusations of police brutality; McGarrett responds, "I'm shaking all over." One of the students, Johnny Kalama (Vincent Eder) breaks down after Kono drops a few hints about their Hawaiian heritage and spills the beans to McGarrett. The finale features a fight between Potter and McGarrett on a moving boat. The music by Mundell Lowe (his only Five-O score) is all over the map, including a sitar, some other plucked instrument I can't recognize, big band sounds, and weird rock music. Randall Kim, who was seen in shows #9 and #11, plays Eddie, one of the students, and is given less significant billing than the other three. The Bishop Museum gets thanked in the final credits.

----------------------------------------

Einige bermtige College-Schler haben sich einen raffinierten Coup ausgedacht: Sie wollen das "todsichere" Sicherheits- und Alarmsystem eines Museums knacken und einen alten Krnungsmantel stehlen. Der Coup gelingt, und McGarrett steht vor einem Rtsel. Weil das Ganze aber nur als sportliche bung gedacht war und zudem einen der Jungs das schlechte Gewissen qult, bleibt der Fall nicht ungelst.

Viele liebe Grüße von Serpico
Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  

Gehe zu:  

Meine anderen Foren und Homepages