NOSTALGIE CRIME BOARD
28. April 2024, 14:04:33 *
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren.

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge

Fanpage   Übersicht   Hilfe Suche Kalender Einloggen Registrieren  
Facebook Link Facebook Link Meine anderen Foren und Homepages
Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  
Autor Thema: 33. Die zweite Chance  (Gelesen 563 mal) Durchschnittliche Bewertung: 0
Serpico
Rechtsmediziner

« am: 17. Juli 2006, 21:31:24 »

All the King's Horses***1/2
Original air date: 11/26/69

This episode starts with McGarrett getting his palm read by some babe at poolside. He makes some suggestions about them going dining and dancing, but he is interrupted by an attempted assassination on Charles Irwin (Jason Evers), an ambitious politician who is anxious to prosecute Mike Finney (James Gregory), a former racketeer who has been living a clean life running a wholesale flower business in Hawaii for the past nine years. Evers, who has his eyes on the attorney-general's job, is the prosecutor for a legislative investigation of the criminal infiltration of Hawaiian unions. Keye Luke as committee chairman Senator Oishi is disturbed by Evers' grandstanding. The Governor is interested in the proceedings, and as McGarrett and the Governor talk on the balcony, there is some mysterious smoke behind them! When McGarrett goes to serve Finney with a subpoena, Finney's attack dogs are quite friendly. Finney's bulky bodyguard Rudy (Charles Gilbert) tells McGarrett, "Cut that out ... you want to ruin their act?" Danno seems quite interested in Finney's daughter Judith (Karen Huston), who teaches handicapped children. When Oishi discusses Finney's past with McGarrett and how people react to it, Oishi says, "I was a Jap for five years, an Oriental for another ten, now I'm an American, but it was a long time before people stopped looking at me as if I were the enemy." Later, when McGarrett figures out that the assassin worked for Irwin's crony Joe Fletcher (Lyle Bettger), McGarrett exclaims "Ah so." When Fletcher, Evers and Senator Colt (Jim Demarest) meet, Oishi is described as "an old lady". Colt says he has to avoid upsetting "a lot of Japanese voters in my constituency." Fletcher tries to get McGarrett to accept a bribe with a hidden tape recorder under his jacket. McGarrett turns his own tape on Fletcher, who runs from the office. McGarrett says, "Open the windows, Danno, it's rank in here." When Fletcher tries to plant some evidence in Finney's office implicating McGarrett in a payoff, Fletcher himself is knocked off by a nasty hitman (Nicholas Benedict) in a particularly brutal killing. Evers is brought down to earth during the crime commission hearings. Unfortunately the hitman knocks off Finney, but McGarrett saves the day, blasting the hitman on the courthouse steps. Good performances all around!

-------------------------------------------

Der Ex-Kriminelle Mike Finney hat seine Strafe lngst verbt und lebt nun als braver Brger auf Oahu. Dann holt die Vergangenheit ihn ein: Ein karriereschtiger und skrupelloser Politiker benutzt Finneys Vergangenheit, um Generalstaatsanwalt zu werden: Er beschuldigt Finney, die Gewerkschaften in seine Gewalt bringen zu wollen. Finneys Ex-Kumpel, die seine Aussagen frchten, wollen ihn beseitigen.

Viele liebe Grüße von Serpico
Seiten: [1]
  Drucken  

Gehe zu:  

Meine anderen Foren und Homepages